Today Jaime Daddona (Partner, Squire Patton Boggs, Phoenix) skillfully moderated an accomplished panel of regional business leaders during the 4th Annual Global Chamber Women in Global Leadership breakfast at Squire Patton Boggs, 27th Floor.
The objective of the program was to hear from leaders who foster a diverse working environment in order to achieve business success as well as provide insight into the challenges and opportunities that exist in doing so.
Through that sharing we hope to all be better equipped for the journey ahead.
Lifting others lifts us all. Holding back others holds us all back.
This year we were honored to have 6 extraordinary leaders on the panel. There were 5 women and one man... Norman Butler of Bank of America. They were remarkable in the insights that they shared, leaving us all with hope for the future.
- Jaime Daddona, Partner, Squire Patton Boggs
- Melissa Sanderson, VP, International Affairs at Freeport McMoRan
- Shannon Clancy, Associate Executive Director at St. Vincent de Paul
- Lindsay Moellenberndt, VP of Client Development at Cresa
- Heather Bjella, Associate General Counsel at Isola Group
- Haley Metcalf, Event Director at Phoenix Business Journal
- Norman Butler, SVP & Market Executive at Bank of America
Some important statistics:
Global: The Share of Women in Senior Roles Globally Is still lower than expected, but it is Increasing.
- In 2019, 29% of senior management roles are held by women, the highest number ever on record.
- 87% of global businesses have at least one woman in a senior management role in 2019.
- 43% of human resources directors are women compared to 17% of sales directors and 16% of chief information officers.
In the United States, women are nearly half (46.9%) of the labor force, but only slightly over a third (40.0%) of managers in 2018.
In 2018, White women held almost a third of all management positions at 32.6%. Share of women of color in management:
- Latinas: 6.2%
- Black women: 3.8%
- Asian women: 2.4%
In 2018, women made up the highest share of managers in human resources (77.9%) and medical and health services (72.0%).
Read more at Catalyst.org HERE.
Some pertinent quotes in the meeting.
"To be a better teammate, put the team ahead of yourself." - Urban Meyer
Managers light a fire under a person. Leaders light a fire inside." - Anonymous
"Sometimes you see something, and you can't unsee it." - Anonymous