Seriously, globies... that was outstanding! All the global business resources in the Metro, all together, one time per year... at Grow Globally Fair. Last week we held our latest edition of this popular event - with a trade fair and a global business awards portion.
These are the best of the best... thank you all! Our global tribe can be counted on.
We've all been burned by people who talked more than they delivered, then don't stick around on the toughest problems. That doesn't work with international business. That's not these people.
These winners and nominees are the truly capable leaders making good things happen. Our global tribe is full of them, it's just sometimes a bit difficult to identify the ones to trust. That's part of the value of being part of Global Chamber®... we sort through that.
Last week there were many nominations and winners, and if you're doing business internationally, you know that you need an army of capable, trustworthy and resilient warriors to fight the battles with you. Globies don't grow alone... they connect with the global tribe.
Grow Globally Fair is a signature event for Global Chamber® that we host in metro areas around the world - specific to that region. However there is carry-over to other regions because often some of the resources are coming from outside.
Interested in doing a Grow Globally Fair for your region? Contact your local Global Chamber® team or let me know... we'll be happy to help.
For this event, I was the emcee with invaluable help from my emcee partner, Melissa Proctor of Miller Proctor Law Firm. As you have compliance issues with exports or imports, Melissa is one of the best! Contact Melissa.
Everybody's a winner. Members... keep being global and UNSTOPPABLE! See pictures below the winner's list below. Some of the people there include the global tribe nominees and winners, Ali Alexander of Squire Patton Boggs, Jessica Weiss of Weiss & Moy, President Riad Nizam of Master Electronics and his team accepting the award for Product Exporter of the Year, the Honorable Laura Machuca Arroba (Ecuador) with Tony Banegas and Enrique Melendez all of the AZ Consular Corps, Barry Wong with Senator Martha McSally (video), Arturo Herrera of RO Solutions, Mike Patterson of Spencer Fane and the back of Hank Marshall's head and the floor of the Fair. Hank leads international economic development for City of Phoenix and he is Honorary Consul for the UK in Arizona. Hank is a remarkable supporter of the global tribe!
Thank you to members in metro Phoenix, Arizona for making our journey possible. You've helped bring us a LONG way in nearly 5 years of Global Chamber®. Two of our 525 chapters are in Arizona - Global Chamber® Phoenix and Global Chamber® Tucson. The Tucson Grow Globally Fair is on December 11th... this year in Nogales... ON THE BORDER with Mexico. More HERE.
Grow Globally Fair PHX Award Nominees
Exporter of the Year, Product
- Master Electronics - President Riad Nizam... succeeding despite the impact of tariffs.
- Cold Stone Creamery
- Wisdom Natural Brands
- Zero Mass Water
Exporter of the Year, Services
- Skybridge - A unique way of exporting that helps e-tailers reach Mexico and foreign markets.
- Business Enterprise Mapping
- Hownd / FetchRev
- Phoenix NAP
- The Devereux Group
Importer of the Year
- Mangat Group - Importing a variety of goods amidst changes in worldwide sourcing.
- QDI Stone & QDI Surfaces
Landed Company to Watch
- Sojitz - A mega-global firm based in Japan with aerospace activities in Arizona so far.
- Zummit Plastics
Cross Border Consulting
- Ramirez Advisors - Consistently great along the border on projects and cross-border business.
- iGlobal Business Consulting
- Trade in Motion
Transcendent Community Leader
- Barry Wong - We appreciate Barry's consistent support. Senator Martha McSally weighs in.
- Alfredo Molina
- Jerrie Ueberle
- Melissa Sanderson
- Mike Patterson
- Bank of America - Vince, Karen, Norm and others bring heart to a highly capable, int'l bank.
- BBVA Bank
- BMO Harris Bank
International Business Law
- Squire Patton Boggs - Highly capable attorneys worldwide, over 50 offices, 20 countries.
- Dickinson Wright
- Miller Proctor Law
- Spencer Fane
- Jessica Weiss / Weiss & Moy, PC - Immigration skills to cut through a difficult system.
- Adam Gunderson / Gunderson Law Group
- Kathleen Campbell Walker / Dickinson Wright PLLC
Diplomat of the Year
- Laura Machuca Arroba - Constructively bringing refugee issues into the conversation.
- Tony Banegas
- Enrique Melendez
Translation and Localization
- CommGap Communications - Capability across languages and a never-ending energy.
- Multilingual Connections
- Ruspan Communications
- Expeditors - Unique e-commerce and logistics solutions for AZ exporters to grow globally.
- Beyond Theory Logistics
- Val-Ma Enterprises
International Accounting & Tax
- R&A CPAs - Extreme expertise between the US and Mexico, always ready to help.
- Eide Bailly
International Finance & Insurance
- General Southwest Insurance - Led by Dave Binsfeld, a knowledgable, tireless globie.
- Exim Bank of the United States
- Global Benefits Group
Global Risk Management
- International SOS - World's leading medical and travel security risk services company.
- Emergent Risk International
- Lynx Global Intelligence
International Talent & Payroll
- Safeguard Global - Global Managed Payroll and Global Workforce Solutions, everywhere.
- Accounting & Finance Professionals
- Harvard Group International
- SSA Executive Search
International Real Estate Leader
- Cresa - Worldwide capabilities with a local, personal touch that makes a difference.
- Heiple Travers
- Lee & Associates
International Wealth Management
- Global Wealth Strategies - Thoughtful global strategies to support the success of clients.
- Pinnacle Financial Advisors
International Business Coaching & Speaking
- Gary Covert / Gary Covert Consulting - Global reach with a strong track record of success.
- Monique Daigneault / MD Consulting + Executive Influence
- Marco Robert / Manchester Capital Ventures + Tumiza Strategy Consulting
International IT Services
- RO Solutions / Necodex - Ramping up rapidly to meet new app and development needs.
- Sonora Software
- Executive Digital - Global marketing solutions across a wide range of businesses.
- Blue Canoe Marketing
- Vertical Measure
- Thunderbird School of Global Management - Unmatched global business capabilities.
- Global Protocol Academy
- IE Business School
- University of Arizona
- Global Ties Arizona - Collaborative events that make a difference to participants.
- Arizona Technology Council
- Perimeter 83 @ University of Advancing Technology
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce
- Japanese Friendship Garden - Big plans that will change JFG for the much better.
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
- Project C.U.R.E.
International Business City
- Scottsdale - Strong, landed results with a solid value proposition and evolving plan.
Globally-Minded Elected Leader
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema - A truly remarkable USGLC speech.
- Mayor Jim Lane
- Rep. Greg Stanton
Young Global Leader
- Ali Anderson - A passion to serve and strong capabilities to provide value.
- Andy Anderson
- Tina Sweis
Global Tribe Leaders of the Year (6 of 12)
- Debra Allen - Champion for International Day of Peace, international portfolio.
- Doc Jones - Tireless champion for AZ International Jazz day. Another year of progress.
- Hugh Hallman - King of Kazakhstan and global triber at a very deep level across cultures.
- Joanna Moore - Aerospace and cross cultural juggernaut that can't be stopped.
- Kevin Hull - Consistent cross border capabilities and success, a banker to count on.
- Mike Patterson - Top supporter and the easiest referral you can ever make... does it all.
- Bill Miller
- Dave Binsfeld
- Gloria Petersen
- Ken Slaton
- Kishore Dash
- Ricardo Alcubierre