SFO Malaysia's Trade Minister in Santa Clara
2700 Mission College Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Global Chamber is pleased to support the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) - Silicon Valley for the visit of Malaysia's Trade Minister to the Bay Area.
Join us April 5th morning at the Marriott Santa Clara for a discussion of business opportunities.
The event is free. Welcome global tribe to this important discussion.
At the heart of South East Asia (SEA), one of the most exciting growth regions in the world, Malaysia stands out as a preferred investment destination and gateway to the region. Malaysia offers significant value proposition to business leaders who are interested to expand and do business in the region.
Join us in a conversation with Mr. Darell Leiking, the Malaysian Minister International Trade and Industry (MITI) to explore opportunities in making Malaysia a hub of your business operation in the SEA and the way forward for Malaysia.
Mr. Darell Leiking, the Malaysian Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
- 9:00 am – Registration & Networking
- 9:30 am – Welcome Remarks by Dean FealkChair of the District Export Council
- 9:40 am – Opening Keynote by Darell Leiking, Minister of MITI Malaysia
- 10:00 am – Trade and Investment Panel featuring:
- Darell Leiking, Minister of International Trade and Industry of Malaysia
- Azman Mahmud, CEO of Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
- Shahrimahton Mat Saleh, Deputy CEO of MATRADE
- Mike Hurley, VP of Silicon Engineering Group, General Manager of Chipsets Silicon Group, Intel Corp.
- Don McCormick, Director of Business and Alliance Development, Venture Corp
- 10:45 am – Q&A
- 11.30 am – Lunch hosted by Minister of MITI
- 1.00 pm – End of event
The agenda includes:
- To explore Malaysia as an ideal landing spot for US firms to do business and setup operations in Asia Pacific & South East Asia;
- To identify areas of interest for economic and industrial development in Malaysia, i.e. Industrial Revolution 4.0, advanced manufacturing and high tech hub;
- To showcase successful engagement and partnership between US and Malaysian firms;
- To identify US partners who would help to develop bilateral trade and investment opportunities, as well as technology providers to help improve productivity and develop the economy in Malaysia.