PHX 2019 Arizona STEM and Innovation Summit
2019 Arizona STEM & Innovation Program
STEM-Comm: Communicating STEM Stories (#AZSTEMComm) Join conversations of how we can collaboratively increase STEM awareness for ALL Arizonans.
- Pardon My Science!
- STEMtales: A Storytelling Celebration
- Arizona's Got STEM Talent
- Connecting the Dots Between Art and Engineering
Tricks of the Trade for a STEM Kickstarter (#STEMKickstarter) Best practices to plan, promote, engage your community, and build partnerships for your STEM events.
- Maintaining STEM Programing for the Long Haul
- Like, Love, Share
- Reverse Engineering STEAM Events
- Building Community Relationships
- STEAMing Up the Library: programming for adults
- Going from You and Me to We: How to build and sustain STEM partners
- Fail Often, Succeed Sooner: Assessment in Project-Based Learning
- STEM on a Dime: Discover STEM with Treasures 4 Teachers
Homegrown Innovation (#HomegrownSTEM) Learn about past, present, and future trends in the AZ STEM Ecosystem
- Entrepreneurship: The 21st Century Skill
- The Future of Film and Digital Media in Arizona
- The Science of Construction
- The 3D digital future and beyond!
- Arizona’s Fintech Ecosystem & Opportunities
- Plumber or Pilot: What is the difference in Space?
- Launching pad: How Arizona prepares citizen soldiers for careers in STEM
- Apprenticeship Now!
- Crafting your legacy – A career in Construction
- Meet the [insert discipline here] Engineer!
Mother Nature and STEM (#NatureSTEM) Sustainability and natural sciences were the most requested topics so get your fill by following this track.
- It's (not) Easy Going Green
- “Waste” and the 3 R’s
- Protecting Native Fauna
- Virtual Expedition-Climate Change
- AgriTech Education in K-12
- The Importance of Connecting People to Nature
- Rural Arizona Water Education Project
STEM Ecosystem (#STEMeco) Explore how federal, state and city leaders are teaming with Arizona’s STEM Ecosystem to build opportunities for Arizona.
- Keynote with Steve Seleznow from Arizona Community Foundation
- Give STEM a Sporting Chance
- Putting the A(rts) in STEM
- Recruitment and Retention for STEM Educators
- Chicas in Tech
- Make it Happen! Student voice in policy
- Mayor's Policy Roundtable
STEM Workshops (#STEMWorkshop) Diverse workshops to enhance your STEM skills.
- Inspiring Career Confidence for All Students PreK-12
- Air Pollution: More than Just Science!
- A Taste of Raspberry (Pi) Jam
- CREATE on Wheels
- Coding and Creativity Using Sphero
- Modern Robotics in Education
- Let’s Explore the Phenomena Based Instruction
- Using storytelling to propel STEM education
- Teaching Girls to Code and Change the World