Webinar USMCA Customs Compliance & Automotive Rules of Origin
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Time: 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm London
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Read more and register HERE.
The New NAFTA, known as USMCA (in U.S.), CUSMA (in Canada) and T-MEC (in Mexico), will enter into force on July 1, 2020 (or later). As the world focuses on business resumption and recovery in the wake of COVID-19, preparing for the new agreement will be critical for companies relying on North American supply and value chains.
This Episode will address the "nuts and bolts" of customs compliance for all companies navigating USMCA and engage in a "deep dive" on the new automotive rules of origin (ROO). The Episode will include a general review of key issues for determining and certifying origin under the Agreement, valuation, and specific examples from sectors such as automotive, chemicals, energy, textiles and technology. The session also will include an update on North American supply chain issues during COVID-19.
Our Speakers include:
- Adam Hill, President and COO, Scarbrough International
- Tiffany Melvin, President, North American Strategy for Competitiveness (NASCO)
- Eric Miller, President, Rideau Potomac
- Bruce Thelen, Member, Dickinson Wright, Dickinson Wright
- Moises Zavaleta, Mexico's frm. USMCA Negotiator for Rules of Origin
- Sergio Gomez Lora, CEO of IQOM Strategic Advisors and CEO of the U.S. Office, Business Coordinating Council of Mexico
- Dan Ujczo, Practice Group Chair, Canada-U.S., Dickinson Wright