Global Chamber® is pleased to announce continued growth around the world. Today we highlight a region in Europe... Toulouse, France... and one of our talented Global Advisors on the ground there, Phil Disant explains more...
When considering new markets to enter in Europe, France will always be one of your options as it is the third economy in the continent in terms of GDP, and the sixth in the world. While Paris, Marseille and Lyon are definitely good places to start, there is one city in the country that is outgrowing all of them: Toulouse.
Toulouse and its metropolitan area are worldwide famous for its culinary delight and the high quality of life. But there is more. The region is considered today to be the fastest growing area in the country and it comes with a dynamic and advanced industry. The city is considered the European Capital for the Aeronautics and Space Industry, being a major player in innovation for the European Union. Companies and organizations like Airbus, EADS Astrium, Thales Alenia Space and the Centre National d’Etudes Spaciales all have a strong presence in Toulouse and have set the standards for other industries coming into this market. This is the case of Agroindustry, IT & Communications, Health and Biotechnology.
In addition to the major multinational corporations, a significant number of start-ups, small and medium companies and labs are growing along with them, by a deep collaboration amongst themselves. Also, the public sector is investing considerable amount of money in a state-of-the-art technology to facilitate a transportation infrastructure and to integrate the public transportation system. Important residential real estate programs are also underway to manage the increase in population.
Following are some additional facts that make Toulouse a place to be in Europe for business:
- Toulouse is only 425 miles from Paris and 250 miles from Barcelona making these markets easily accessible
- The population of Toulouse is 1.2 million with an average increase of 20,000 people a year
- The working population of over 500,000 people, providing Toulouse with a strong workforce
- There are 95,000 companies with presence in the region with 30,000 added only in the last 10 years
- Toulouse has 43 million Sq Ft of commercial facilities and 65 million Sq Ft of factories and warehouses
- Toulouse offers an international airport with direct flights to 46 European cities and more than 40 daily connections to Paris.
- This city is the home of the third largest university in the country.
Global Chamber® now has a local representative in Toulouse and is already beginning to make key introductions that help grow cross border and into this market. Contact us today for more info.
Phil Disant - Toulouse, France